Re: [OM] "When was it made?" question

Subject: Re: [OM] "When was it made?" question
From: johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:11:15 -0500
>If not, anyone care to guess when an OM-1n, serial number 2,116,xxx
>might have left the factory?

>From what I have learned (which may be absolutely wrong!), a 1n over
2,000,000 or close to it is a late model.  If production of the (O)M-1(n)
ended in 1987, then I suspect you are looking at the last 3-5 years of
production.  Yeah, I know the production was only 15 years, so it's not that
accurate. :-)
In any case, I too would love to see such numbers.  It would be nice if
everyone who purchased am item new, has the original receipt and knows the
SN number added that information to the lens coating survey.  Any
volunteers? :-)

--p.j.