Re: [OM] 2X-A and Zuiko surgery

Subject: Re: [OM] 2X-A and Zuiko surgery
From: Walt Wayman <HIWAYMAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:54:36 -0400
Message text written by INTERNET:olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hans suggests:

>They are called Protective Tabs (see
>http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif/lensgroup/lensterms.htm for Zuiko lens
>terminology) and the main reason why you should not remove or modify them,
is that
>it will seriously degrade the value of your lens should you ever wish to
part with
>it.

I seem to be an Olympus deadend.  Once I get it, it tends to stay, so my
N*k*n-using son will have to worry about what it's worth after I've gone to
Zuikoland in the sky.

>Better look for a third party converter that does not have any problem
with the
>65-200, or (even better) look for a longer zoom lens like a 100-300,
60-300 or
>50-250. After all an F8 zoom really isn't that usefull.

Shhhh!  I'm currently high bidder on *Bay for one of these.  Don't alert
the herd!

>(Snip) The 2xA btw is also compatible (matched) with the Zuiko 50-250/5.

Yes, but that makes an f/10 zoom, and it's big, and heavy.  I would never
consider the 50-250/5.  Not ever.  :)

Walt