Re: [OM] B+W filters

Subject: Re: [OM] B+W filters
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:00:05 -0700
Well, I have faith in B+W--you only need to balance one while holding its x-brand counterpart in the other hand to know these filters have not been overpriced, with re to build quality at least. Also keep in mind that all B+W always come with that single coating, and except in the most extreme circumstances this will suffice. Hell, photography got along quite well indeed before coatings of any kind were known. It still boils down to the man pointing that lens.

I'd say if price is no object then go with the MC's. For sure I'd recommend the best for polarizers, as we use these latter filters by definition in demanding light situations. Same for Sky Lights and UV's as far as I'm concerned. For the rest? I don't know. A B+W with multicoating may or may not have made the difference in that demonstration shot of yesterday (the one with the fireworks and smoke and crane in the center of the shot).

Tris