Re: [OM] "Forming" the capacitors in OM flashes?

Subject: Re: [OM] "Forming" the capacitors in OM flashes?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:04:54 +0800
I'm working for a electronic ballast factory, we use some high quality
E-caps, they can withstand high ripple current at high frequency.
Different applications require different constructed capacitor, the
one in electronic flash can withstand very high current
charge/discharge. Their size are also very compact, I don't think you
can find audio cap with same capacitance and voltage that fit. Their
capability to withstand charge and discharge will also differ.

The leakage of good quality E-cap usually small enough to cause you
trouble on standby consumption. The one using on your quality flashes
should belong to this class. A E-cap should be fully re-conditioned in
the first few minutes charge. Leakage is the main concern for long
storaged E-cap, no knowledge about "power" capacity, they should only
related to the capacitance for a fixed voltage. The high current
discharge capability was already fixed by design.

C.H.Ling