Re: [OM] Shimmer & Focusing

Subject: Re: [OM] Shimmer & Focusing
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:31:04 +0800

Jim Brokaw wrote:

> on 7/16/01 3:25 AM, C.H.Ling at chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > A half 35mm frame size CCD should
> > be good enough for most purpose (DOF, resolution, noise...), we better
> > keep an eye on the new Olympus SLR digital system.
> >
> > C.H.Ling
> So that's Olympus' master plan... bring back the Pen FT with a CCD instead
> of film! OK, where do I sign up -- I have one of these and its great to
> handle. I think I got a pretty good deal, a $100 BIN on e*ay, but I haven't
> managed to finish the roll of film to see what kind of pics it takes... 48
> exposures!
> --

The Pen lenses are very good indeed even they are early 60's design,
the 50-90 Zoom is amazing sharp, you will not be disappointed. I use
the Pen to take snap and already finished five rolls of slide in three
months. It would be a ground breaking news if Olympus build a DC based
on the Pen FT's construction (or even just the look).

C.H.Ling