Re: [OM] [OT]WAS ALERT, NOW Snake Identification

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT]WAS ALERT, NOW Snake Identification
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:33:34 +1000
>In <l0313030cb775a3856746@[203.62.227.135]>, on 07/14/01 at 05:30 PM,
>   andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>
>>Incidentally, Australia is the most urbanised nation on earth -
>>three-quarters of us live in a city! Doesn't quite match the
>>stereotype, does it?
>
>Is that not similar to Copenhagen in Denmark? Of course, there it is the
>case that three-quarters of the population live in *the* city. [Though
>there are other cities, little bittie ones.] Or is this old and outdated
>information?

>les clark / edgewater, nj / usa

In every state of Aus. except one, more people live in the main city than
in the whole of the rest of the state. In Victoria for instance - Melbourne
3+ million, whole state 4.5 million. The exception is Queensland with a few
largish coastal cities. We tend to huddle. Must be all those crocs, snakes
and spiders out there in the Bush.
AndrewF