[OM] Sometimes there's a legit reason....

Subject: [OM] Sometimes there's a legit reason....
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:09:42 -0600
We've had a pretty lively discussion the last day or two about flakey
*Bay buyers and sellers.  I, too, have had some recent problems (e.g.
the OM-10 with a fugus-farm lens), so we all know there's some not-so-
nice people on the *Bay.

However, sometimes there's a legit reason for a lack of response from a
seller (or buyer, for that matter).  I recently purchased an XA/A11 outfit
from cobwebcorner@xxxxxxx.  All went pretty well with the tranaction.
Just after I received the outfit, Doug sent me an e-mail saying he may
have accidently overstated the shipping costs and wanted me to confirm
the postage per the box the outfit came in.  I did so and soon received
another note from Doug saying he had made a mistake and would mail
me the difference.

Weeks passed without a word, so I recently wrote to Doug inquiring
about my shipping refund.  I quickly received a reply from his brother,
Jack, advising me that Doug is in the hospital and might be there for
some time.  Seems Doug has had a pretty rough time the past couple
of years....  a couple of accidents, alot of pain and suffering, and little
income due to not being able to work.  Jack advised that Doug had sent
the refund in the mail just before going back into the hospital.

Sure enough, I received Doug's refund check in today's mail.  Even
though Doug could probably use the extra few bucks, and I wouldn't
have noticed the overcharge if he hadn't mentioned it, the guy was
honest enough to "make it right" and did so even though he was about
to go into the hospital.

In short, there ARE some times when the delay is legit, and there ARE
honest and upstanding *Bay sellers out there!  I can't recommend
cobwebcorner@xxxxxxx enough!  Check out his auctions from time to
time, and if he has something you're intersted in DO bid with confidence!

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)