Re: [OM] OM Equipment Looking for a Good Home

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Equipment Looking for a Good Home
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 21:09:49 -0700
Was this over the phone? (You must sound fishy. <g>)

I'm leaving on a trip soon and have ordered two loads of film from B&H within the past two weeks. No hassles. I placed my orders via their website, though. Might be a different story if I phoned. I remember a few years ago I needed a Sony tape recorder and the guy I spoke with over the phone (in New York city) refused to trust my cc information. Go figure. The piece of equipment I asked for was mono pro stuff, too, not the sort of article just anyone would call in for.

Tris

At 11:43 PM 7/8/01 +0100, you wrote:

> I have settled on a new brand (and
> already plunked down the cash
> at B&H Photo)

Hi Bruce,

Just out of interest, I recently ordered some film
online at B&H, they sent me a confirmation e-mail then
an e-mail saying they wanted me to scan in my credit
card (both sides) and send them a copy of it. Is this
normal? It seems odd to me.

Chris