[OM] OM Equipment Looking for a Good Home

Subject: [OM] OM Equipment Looking for a Good Home
From: "Bruce Appelbaum" <brucea@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 18:24:03 -0400
Hello all.

My recent trip to Singapore unfortunately convinced me that my days of
manual focus are over.  I spent a couple of long sweaty weekend afternoons
in search of great subjects, but found myself frustrated by my less than
perfect eyesight, requiring much more time to focus and compose than
necessary.  Despite my long relationship (almost 30 years) with the Olympus
OM system, I also found myself hankering for something a bit more up to date
geek-wise.  I have settled on a new brand (and already plunked down the cash
at B&H Photo) and offer my OM equipment AS A COMPLETE SET ONLY for an asking
price of US$1500.  By my reckoning, the replacement value of this equipment
is significantly higher.  The price includes delivery by insured UPS within
the US only -- I will not sell this overseas.  The inventory is below.

All equipment comes with original instructions and/or data sheets (extra
copy of OM-4T manual), but I didn't keep original boxes.  I will also throw
in my miscellaneous OM sales brochures, a copy of a VisionAge from the
1980s, and other OM ephemera collected over the years -- including the
famous Olympus Lens Handbook.

Having never purchased used equipment, I'm not familiar with grading.
However, every piece of equipment has been treated with respect, and is in
my opinion excellent condition.  The OM-4T body has a few minor areas of
"brassing" especially near the strap eyelets and beneath the winding lever.
All lenses are clean and have had premium UV or skylight filters installed
from time of purchase and are included in this sale.  All lenses and flashes
also include original OM soft pouches.  I am the one and only owner and user
of all of this equipment.

Terms:  payment in full via US Postal Money Order prior to shipping.  I will
ship fully insured for $2000 via UPS ground to a street address in the U.S.
I've tested everything:  everything works and works well.  If you are
interested, respond OFF-LIST to brucea@xxxxxxxxxxx .  Please note again that
I will NOT break up the set.

The swag:

OM-4T 35mm body, champagne, two body caps, two extra battery/MD covers, Zing
black neoprene case
Olympus Zuiko MC Auto-S 50mm 1:1.4 50/f1.4 standard lens f+r caps, hood, B+W
skylight filter
Olympus Zuiko Auto-W 24mm 1:2.8 24/f2.8 wide angle lens f+r caps, case,
hood, B+W skylight filter
Olympus G.Zuiko Auto-W 35mm 1:2.8 35/f2.8 wide angle lens f+r caps, case,
hood, B+W skylight filter
Olympus Zuiko MC Auto-T 135mm 1:2.8 135/f2.8 telephoto lens f+r caps, case,
B+W skylight filter
Olympus Zuiko Auto-Zoom 35~70 1:3.5~4.5 35~70/f3.5~4.5 zoon lens f+r caps,
case, B+W skylight filter
Olympus F-280 Full synchro flash w/case
Olympus T-32 Electronic flash w/case
Olympus Winder 2 Winder with battery holder
Olympus TTL Auto F0.6 Flash Cord Off camera flash cord for F-280 flash
Olympus TTL Auto 2 meter flash cord Off camera flash cord for T-32 flash
Olympus Eyecup 2 Eyecup
Olympus Body grip 1 Body grip for OM-4T
Olympus 1-13 focusing screen Focus screen insert includes case, brush, tool
Olympus wide camera strap Camera strap
Olympus narrow camera strap Camera strap
Olympus body cap (2) Body cap for OM-4T
Olympus rear lens cap (2) Rear lens cap for Zuiko lens
Tiffen Circular Polarizer 49mm Circular polarizer (filter)
Hoya Circular Polarizer 49mm Circular polarizer (filter)
B+W Circular Polarizer 49mm Circular polarizer (filter)
Hoya Filters (misc) Red 25A 49mm     Yellow K2 49mm   Skylight 1B 49mm (3)
Hoya Close-up filters set +1, +2, +4 diopter, 49mm

end

Regards

Bruce Appelbaum
Yorktown Heights, New York