Re: [OM] New Olympus Model

Subject: Re: [OM] New Olympus Model
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 21:03:33 -0700
on 7/5/01 7:00 PM, andrew fildes at afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> oooooh! - I might trade in my Fisher-Price rangefinder on that one!
> AndrewF
>

>> Olympus and major Danish manufacturer have announced a new OM series
>> camera.
>>
>> Is this the model you've all been waiting for?
>>
>> Check it out at
>> http://members.netscapeonline.co.uk/drchrisbarrett/LegOM1.htm
>>

>> Chris Barrett
>> Malvern

Semi-serious note... anyone ever try out a "JamCam"? I found one in a thrift
store for $10, downloaded the software, and its a hoot to mess with... if
you were 10 years old. Still, shows where the next generation is heading. I
was at the motorcycle races (WSB at Laguna Seca, CA) with a small kit, and I
think about 500f the cameras I saw were digital, or camcorders. What film
cameras I noticed (looking for them...) other than the pros were almost all
Minolta/Canon/Nikon autofocus plastic wonderboxes. The pros were all using
the Nikon or Canon autofocus metal wonderboxes (wonder how much those
cost...?) and the lenses to die for i.e. 600/4.0 Nikon, 300/2.8, etc...
--

Jim Brokaw