Re: [OM] eBay BIN on a 35-70 f3.6

Subject: Re: [OM] eBay BIN on a 35-70 f3.6
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 08:51:20 +0200

It certainly looks like the correct 3.6 hood Oben. And you will enjoy the way
that it works, and also the fact that the front element does not rotate; quite
unusual for a zoom. I love mine....

mvh / regards
Roger Key

Well, yes I probably would be except that I'm not really keen on zooms. I
already have a 35-70 f4 that I haven't even mounted on a camera in 10
years. I hate the filter ring that rotates with focussing as well as the
extension with zooming and the front heaviness and poor balance of the
thing. The image quality isn't the best either. All this talk of the f3.6
being the pro zoom until the 35-80 came along made enough sense that I
wanted to try it out. I'll put it on my OM-2 say, load it up with some
negative film and take it with me as an 'experiment' or 'feasability study'
into the purchase of a 35-80.

Seriously though I've got to slow down a little. I have over 20 zuikos now,
and I have sold 6 in the process of acquisition so its time to consolidate.

Chip said the package shows a 90mm f2 hood in the photo... that I was
desperately searching for! Kind of like the bonus grid Beattie Intenscreen
I got in the OM-3 I bought off eBay!

Oben