Re: Flash in feet advantages? [OM] OT Tallest tree

Subject: Re: Flash in feet advantages? [OM] OT Tallest tree
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 18:56:09 -0500
From: "O. Candemir" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
When metric is as useful as feet for calculating fill flash, I'll switch
entirely. Unless there's a 5-4 decision from the Supreme Court beforehand ...

Joel W.

Hi Joel,

Would you mind explaining why feet are more useful than meters for
calculating fill flash?

Cheers
Oben

Hi Oben,

Don't take this too seriously, as it was meant in fun. I did once remark on-list that I thought calibrations in feet were easier for figuring manual flash and someone from Oz responded that he thought the same for meters, so let a hundred flowers bloom.

I do find feet markings on the lens to be useful in the range from .3 - 4 meters. I've got a T32 with metric panel and I don't like it as much as the English one on my T20. YMMV (and no doubt will <g> and God bless us all). Cheers,

Joel W.