Re: [OM] OT Tallest tree

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Tallest tree
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 20:25:29 -0700 (PDT)
Trevor wrote:

I am not sure about this, but I think you will find that people who are

offended by the Christ in BC are just as likely to be offended by the
Christian in Before Christian Era.  I have only ever seen Before Common

Era.  Since there are still cultural differences in most things, I
still use BC even though its not PC.

Just the use of the year as we know it (2001), which is derived from
the birth of Christ, could be seen by a few nutters as not "PC".
WGAF?Here in Indonesia, which is about 90% Muslim, the Christian year
is always used in dates, although the Muslim year is often included,
too, in anything relating to religion. Nobody seems to get upset - I
think they've all gotten over it by now. Seems a mature attitude to me!
:-)

Regards,