Re: [OM] 357 batteries -- differences by brand?

Subject: Re: [OM] 357 batteries -- differences by brand?
From: "M. Sparks" <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 16:16:07 -0400
I picked up a bunch of Ray-O-Vac 357's and they're still good in my
OM-2's after about 8 mos.  The 357 is not one of the larger volume
cells, and I wouldn't be surprised if a number of brands are made in
just a few factories.

Before I found this list I used any old silver cell and had all kinds of
grief.  Once I had an OM-2 CLA'd, and it came back with a fresh, generic
1.5V battery.  It would mirror-lock about 3 times per 36 exp.  That was
about the time learned about the 357's, and after switching the camera
has worked fine ever since.

Morgan Sparks