Re: [OM] [OT] OMs in Action CF104

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] OMs in Action CF104
From: Marcin Kost <kosta@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 22:25:16 +0200
Hi!
First the wings are trapezium shaped not triangular (triangular is coled delta
as the Mirage or Blackbird have). This fighter was a typical construction of
50's it was very fast, it was suposed to carry air to air missiles, so as the
famous Russian "Pencil" (Mig 21).
In Europe it was called "flying coffin"  because of its glide characteristics.
There was many accidents in Germany with this plane.
If you want to see this plane flying, thera are still used by Italian air force.
Regards
Marcin