Re: [OM] Chg to Private List?

Subject: Re: [OM] Chg to Private List?
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 14:29:52 -0500
On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 01:43:18PM -0500, Tom Scales wrote:
> The spam isn't a big deal, that's what the delete key is for,

This is just what spammers want us to think. The problem is that this leads
to more and more spam, as spammers get bolder and bolder. Spam simply
doesn't scale, and could easily drown out the meaningful content of the list
if it were to grow not very much in volume. Just Hit Delete doesn't work in
the long run.

> and we should all just appreciate their huge effort in time and expense.

Please don't take my comments as meaning that I don't. I know how much it
takes to run a mailing list, and do appreciate the job Shawn and Giles are
doing with this one.