Re: [OM] What would your perfect $1100 kit be?

Subject: Re: [OM] What would your perfect $1100 kit be?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:32:08 -0700
Mine would be:

Beater OM-4T    - $300
21/35                  - $250
50/1.8                 - $20
90/2                     - $525

Total                   $1095

Why did I pick $1100 instead of $1000?  Because these things fit, why else?

If I had to fit under $1000?
Exchange the 4T for a 2S.

Tom

Well, maybe Tom could assemble this kit for those prices, but I doubt anyone else could. My kit would be, mostly excellent, Keh level prices:

"Bargain" OM-4T  $450
35-70/3.6                   250
24/2.8                           170
50/3.5Macro              160
200/4                             100
                                       ______
                                       $1130 - close enough

If you were able to "fang" a couple of bargains or settle for lenses in less than "excellent" condition you might be able to slip in a 100/2.8 to cover that little hole in the spread and give you a very nice portrait lens.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California