Re: [OM] What would your perfect $1100 kit be?

Subject: Re: [OM] What would your perfect $1100 kit be?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:42:20 EDT
Where did Tom come up with the idea for a $1100 kit?  A "perfect" one at
that.  If someone told Tom he had to put a perfect kit together for $1100,
his would likely just have 3 items . . . a 357 (no not a battery) and two
bullets in case he misses the first time and needed a second one to make sure
he was put out of his misery.  OK let me take a shot at this.  Guess
"perfect" is in the eye of the beholder.  All these are approximate prices
from our favorite store by the east bay.

$400  2 bodies at least one of which is an OM 2S
$  20  50mm f1.8 lens
$160  28-48 mm Zuiko zoom lens
$  25  set of close up lenses
$  50  2X Vivitar macro focusing tele-extender
$  50  T 20 flash
$  25  bag to carry it all in
$140  100 f2.8 Zuiko
$160  60-300mm Tamron zoom
$  50  Tripod
$  20  49mm polarizing filter

$1,100 Total

If Tom had allowed me an extra $50, I would have put some film in the kit.

Maybe when we complete this $1100 perfect kit exercise, we should do a $250
(or whatever amount) perfect film selection project.  Bet that would also
cause a little controversy.

Bill Barber