Re: [OM] Ebay creep warning

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay creep warning
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 17:29:30 +0000
This appears to be yet another attempt at an old e*Bay stunt . . . email an auction winner right after the auction closes and ask the winner to send them the money. Sharp buyers use *only* the email address listed for the seller in the full e*Bay registration information about the seller.

A variation of this ploy uses a "throwaway" email address at one of the "freemail" sites (e.g. hotmail) with the same user name as the seller making the domain name (part following the "@" symbol) the only difference in the email address.

-- John