Re: [OM] Some E-10 Car Photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Some E-10 Car Photos
From: Acer V <waltherppk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:15:17 -0700
6/26/01 10:02:36 AM, Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>I'm still waiting (for digital to stabilize). The latest offering from
>my local lab is a slide film to CD service they do on site. $20.00 per
>36 exposure roll if you do at the time of processing (that is plus the
>$7.95/roll for "Q-Lab" E6 processing). Not exactly cheap...but an
>interesting and viable option to being a slave to my slide scanner that
>I presently am.

if you have a sams club nearby, they should offer Fuji Digital Imaging Service
at time of development. It might not be as hires as PhotoCD or
your lab's service, but hey, it's good enough for me, it might be for you as
well. the pertinent info:

you need to be a sams member, 35/yr or so

slide service by Fuji runs ~5-7 bucks depending on how many frames there are.
they are mounted in plastic, in a box like everywhere else
turnaround for slides officially listed as 2wks, i've always gotten them back
in 24hrs. processed at the same lab that all camera stores in the area
send to, San diego (in other words, legit fuji stuff)

CD: 1024x1536 pixel JPGs, around 500kb each (depending on complexity, it can
range lower or higher). costs 8 bucks, turnaround 3 days.
according to the person behind the photo counter, they'll digitize slides as
well (havne't tried it yet, only experience w/ C41 color neg (WILL
NOT DO c41 b/w) since i just discovered this a couple weeks ago), even, gasp!
Kodachrome. i have to call and find out for sure.

for that kinda price, i think it's great. if you or anyone want to see a
sample, i can upload a few raw fullsize scans. it may not be hi res, but it
works for me.

/Acer V
--
dum spiro, spero
note new email address & webpage location