Re: [OM] [sorta OT, too] Toss the grenade!

Subject: Re: [OM] [sorta OT, too] Toss the grenade!
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:20:21 -0600
Well, I went and resigned my positions as a Director and Finance Officer of the
company I helped establish four years ago, as of 5:00 P.M. today.

Feels weird.  Anyhoo, it allows me some time to engage in shameless
photographic pursuits before I lace up my skates and see what else is out there.

Two projects:

First, I'm in the middle of shooting a "photoessay" (for lack of a better word)
using my trusty OM-4 and a humble 50/1.8 Zuiko.  It's called "Alberta Crude,"
and it has nothing to do with the province's black gold, but rather the really
tacky houses I've seen in my wanders.  I have no idea when I'll call a halt to
this project (it could be endless, really), but it'll probably be sometime
around summer's end.  After that, I'll put it up.

Second, I have a few days to kill in the southern half of the province, up
against the Eastern Slopes of the Rockies, and there's a lot of stunning
country down there that I've always meant to do something about,
photographically speaking.  Gives me a good reason to finally fire up that
250/2.0 Zuiko I snagged a couple of months ago off of eBay.  If you've ever
seen movies such as "Legends of the Fall" or "Unforgiven," you'll have a good
idea of the kind of country I'm talking about (both of those movies were shot
in southwestern Alberta up against the slopes).

Well, I'm off to twiddle my thumbs now.  8^>

Garth