Re: [OM] OM-1 winding problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 winding problem
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 23:20:44 -0500
See if you can wind the camera by turning the sprocket with your thumb
-- if so, and the shutter otherwise operates normally, that's a very
positive sign.  Your problem is likely in the wind clutch itself, which
can be replaced or cleaned.

If the camera can't be wound this way, it could be that the camera
jammed and someone forced the wind lever, breaking the clutch.  In that
case, not only would the wind clutch have to be replaced/rebuilt, but
also whatever other malfunction that jammed the camera in the first
place (debris in the gears somewhere, "crossed" gears, broken shutter
roller, etc.) would have to be corrected.