Re: [OM] Superzooms

Subject: Re: [OM] Superzooms
From: Marcin Kost <kosta@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 22:36:23 +0200
Hi!
    Such super zooms are not comparable with any Zuiko lens. They just
can't be
good. First,  the minimum distance is poor especially for wide angle I
do not
remember but it is about 1.3m. They are also very slow 3.8 for 28 is not the
best you can get, the same is 5.6 by the 200 mm. Second, there is no
physical way
to optimize optic for wide angle and telephoto in one lens. The change
of focal length is 200/28= 7.15, it is to much, for good quality this
ratio should be maximum 5 or 5.5. Third, the vigneting
problem. Fourth The filter size (72 mm or so).
Regards
Marcin