Re: [OM] I think I "Fanged" one! OM PC with 35 - 70 3.5 - 4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] I think I "Fanged" one! OM PC with 35 - 70 3.5 - 4.5
From: "Clemente Colayco" <litefoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:23:01 +0800
Snipped:  Craig Henrikson wrote:
 camera seems to work pretty  well at fast shutter speeds, but hangs up at
the slower speeds -- do these
> > have the sticky magnet problem?  How to fix ?

 Yes, they do, or at least mine did. The magnet is beneath the floor of the
> mirror box, which you can get to by pulling the plate off that's behind
the
> lens mount and at the very front of the mirror box. If you're not
> comfortable doing this, the best bet is to send it in.

My OM 40 just a while ago also would hang at low shutter speeds. but after
repeated firing it now seems ok. Does seem to confirm some mechanical
problem. Each time it would hang, it would reset by my activating the
battery check button.....Anybody have similar obersvations? Removing the
battery also would cure the lock up condition, but is more inconvenient.

Regards

Titoy