RE: [OM] Winder Battery pack puzzle: Follow up

Subject: RE: [OM] Winder Battery pack puzzle: Follow up
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:30:29 -0700
Just thought I'd thank everyone again for their suggestions about solving my
problem with the winder battery pack. I fixed it. Here's what was wrong:

1. Someone (I can't remember who) suggested it had to be an issue with
getting enough current through the circuit. That led me to mount a stronger
magnifying lens in my magnifier and take another look. By running the meter
probes along the contacts I found one spot that would drop in voltage
significantly. At that spot I found ONE spot of oxidation that I missed in
the original cleaning that looked to be right under the place one of the
contacts was coming to rest when the battery holder was inserted. Cleaned it
(again!) and continued inspecting.

2. John Hermanson suggested I double check the rivets for corrosion still
remaining inside. There was some in one rivet. A careful re-cleaning was
made (again, again!) there as well.

The combination of the two solved the problem.

---
Scott Gomez