Re: Collectible OM-3 condition-> was [OM] OM-1(n): mechanical orelectro

Subject: Re: Collectible OM-3 condition-> was [OM] OM-1(n): mechanical orelectronic s...
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 21:34:25 +0800
The idea of collecting is to "collect" NOT buy and sell. I don't expect I
will resell anything that I have classified as collecting item. Okay, I may
change my mine and exclude the item from my collecting list but the reason
will not be the resell value.

I'm a Olympus fan, I just try to collect something that I admire. The items
are not necessary rare, such as a OM-1n, 2n, 3, 35SP, RD, EC, Pen compacts,
Pen FT.... Their beautiful finishing and fine mechanism is good enough to be
admired. Some other factors also affecting my decision, such as Pen F/T is
the first half frame SLR system, the Pen compacts pay a very important roll
in Olympus history (no one half frame camera manufacturer was so
successful), OM-1/M-1 is the first OM camera ... I also have some L250 and
L200 microcassette... that invented by Olympus.

Yes, OM3 is a fine tool, I did use it twice. But I'm sure a OM4/4Ti is much
more useful as they have auto mode in additional to manual mode of the OM3.
So why people has to buy a OM3? As I remember the first day OM-3 was issued
it was said to be a limited edition. If you really need a working mechanical
camera you can just buy the OM-1. IMO scratching or damaging a OM-3 is just
like killing the rare bird or growing flower on a thousand years old
beautiful vase.

C.H.Ling