Re: [OM] Bounce Grip 2 question

Subject: Re: [OM] Bounce Grip 2 question
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 19:37:10 -0700
Thanks to everyone for their help!

(Part numbers are per the exploded diagram Johnny provided the link for)

Part number CB2227200 was jammed into part ZD404900 (the knurled ring).
I tapped from the "smaller" side of the ring with a wood dowel to
"shock" the connection, and unscrewed it with a small pair of vise grip
pliers.  The two parts were held together with either old crusty grease,
or Pliobond.  I cleaned everything with alcohol, and chased the threads
on the two parts mentioned above with the small straight jeweler's
screwdriver to get all of the muck out of the threads.  The mounting pin
and spring assembly were also not assembled correctly.  I re-assembled
everything as shown in the exploded drawing, and it works!

B&H Sent me my order today.  Instead of TTL Auto Cord T they sent me the
TTL auto cord (OM-2 to Flash 310).  Sigh! One step forward, one step
back.
The instructions for Grip 1 are also only in Japanese!

Thanks again,

Bill Stanke

Clemente Colayco wrote:

> Hi Bruce.
>
> Mine semms locked up as you describe, how did you loosen a stubbornly stuck
> ring? The way its designed I cannot even grip it with pliers.
<snip>