[very OT] Re: My moniker (was Re: [OM] Donation)

Subject: [very OT] Re: My moniker (was Re: [OM] Donation)
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 10:02:10 +1000
Exactly what you think. Fildes is pronounced files, usually (although more
properly 'fildz' - old Lancashire name) so 'peddo' or 'pedda' is a bit
obvious. The name Peter can no longer be used in the family at all, since
what was once a technical term became very current and widespread.
Of course, I did used to work with a teacher by the name of Peter Cock.......
AndrewF