[OM] OM-1 meter /battery question

Subject: [OM] OM-1 meter /battery question
From: Richard Wozniak <richard.wozniak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 18:18:24 -0500
Got back my first roll of film shot with the OM-1 I bought on e-bay and I'm
totally happy.  I shot b/w with the 50 1.4 and the shots are really nice.
Prom Day in the Garden.  I lot of nice detail of the girls hair is visible,
the b/w format (ASA 100 Kodak) does wonders to provide elegance to the 18
year old crew.

A question - the light meter seems a bit overactive.  It jumps around a bit,
usually leveling off after 1-2 sec when used.  Ocassionally it will appear
almost spastic when viewing when there is no obvious change in lighting.
(afternoon partly cloudy day).

I'm using a battery that is "air" that said it was for OM-1 on the package.
The direction said expose to air for 30 minutes before use, which I did.
Camera shop fellow seemed very knowledgable of Oly system, blew the dust out
off my focus screen after removing it with an incredible deft touch - said
he'd been selling cameras for 25 years, so I tended to trust his
recommendation on the battery.