Re: [OM] Pricing

Subject: Re: [OM] Pricing
From: Mike Kilpatrick <mikekilpatrick@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 13:50:36 -0400 (EDT)
OK. Now my questions as a novice OM seller (I have been an OM owner and
collector since they came to the States). It seems a year ago the list was a
little negative toward Ebay, but much of the recent discussion has them
received more favorably by list members. I have several OM bodies and lenses
that I would like to sell. (A couple that don't work that I bought on Ebay.)
Should I just list them on Ebay (I've been a member since they started and have
high feedback) and describe them as best I can? Should I get a local
(Austin)list member to help me rate them and offer a commission (5%) for the
assistance?

My concerns come from experience. I did purchase a couple of bodies and lenses
through Ebay that were described as "very good" to "excellent". None were
better than "fair".

I would not want to be guilty of misrepresenting my Olympus stuff. Most of the
items my Dad or I purchased new and I am not worried about them, but they still
might need CLA'd. Any input is apprceiated.

Mike
mikekilpatrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx