Re: [OM] Macro Questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro Questions
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 May 2001 09:31:02 +1000
andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and
spake thusly:

> The movie lens I
> mentioned however, is a genuine massive DOF lens at a reasonable aperture.

I recall hearing about this lens, too, but never could find any
details of how it works.

Given that there is no free lunch (i.e. restricted depth-of-field is a
result of the way light is focused by lenses and can't just be
magicked away), I wonder if maybe this elusive uber-lens uses front- and
back-tilt to align the plane of focus with the subject plane, much as
you would in large format photography?

--cjb

--
It's boring being a program when your only job is inserting a random .sig.
Muggins thinks I've put his .sig here, won't he be surprised...