Re: [OM] How bad have I got it?

Subject: Re: [OM] How bad have I got it?
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 03:11:50 -0300
On 5/22/01 1:36 AM, "Ray Moth" <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Yes, I would say it's a very bad sign indeed! Most people leave a gap
> or two between the focal lengths they collect - but not you: you seem
> to be working your way through the entire Zuiko catalogue! However did
> you come by the nickname "Frugal", anyway?  You don't seem to be frugal
> to me. :-)

It's all circumstance I swear! Picked up the 35 because I wanted something
wider than 50. Wanted a 28 because with my C*n*n (which I only ever did buy
the one lens for) I had a 28-105 and liked the wide end of that. Someone on
the list was selling a 21, 24, and 28 for good prices so I cracked and
picked them all up!

> I suggest you have a consultation with Chris O'Neill, before it's too
> late. If he can't help solve your zuikoholism, at least he'll be able
> to cheer you up by showing you the excellent pictures he's taken with
> his Oly stuff.  ;-)  Anyway, good luck and I hope you don't strain a
> muscle carrying around what will inevitably become a huge kit!

Chris already sent me a note on my birthday offering to take my Oly gear off
my hands because I was too old (a whopping 24 and still kicking!), but maybe
he also had therapeutic benefits in mind as well....

As for straining myself, well the wides are all really lightweight, and I'm
not planning much on the long end, maybe an 85 and a 135 or something
similar, maybe a zoom to give me something longer for the odd time I'd need
it. But then of course, I'd like to get some macro gear.... But I don't
imagine I'd carry all that around at any one time.

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx