Re: [OM] Optics 102: Aging, Apparent Focusing Distance reference, et. al

Subject: Re: [OM] Optics 102: Aging, Apparent Focusing Distance reference, et. al.
From: Robert Winters <prairiewinters@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 17:48:44 -0700
Susan

One warning I will mention about shifting your head back to see a computer
screen with trifocals is that we often look at the screen for long periods
of time.  I ended up having to have my neck in traction 3 times a week
because I had compressed some nerves.  This caused numbing in my arm and
hand.  I now am very careful about tilting my head back searching for the
sweet spot.  Instead I try to make sure that I am sitting higher in the
chair and looking more down at screen.  This works for me and I have not had
anymore trouble with my neck.

Bob Winters