[OM] Re: Tripod Vibration

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripod Vibration
From: "Michael Virsinger" <mikev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 13:14:32 -0400
Has anyone tried using the Sorbothane anti-vibration pads designed for
astronomical telescopes? Celestron makes them and they are raved about by
telescope users (myself included). I have a set, but have not tried them on
my photo tripod yet.

>From their website: http://www.celestron.com/access/tri.htm

"Telescope and spotting scope vibration is caused by windy conditions, an
unsteady mount or tripod or even an accidental bump to the instrument, and
results in reduced image quality. Celestron's set of three Vibration
Suppression Pads will reduce vibration time by almost 100% and decrease
vibration amplitude. The pads fit between the bottom of the tripod legs and
the ground, a simple and functional solution to the problem of image
disturbance. They work on any surface: grass, dirt, concrete, asphalt, wood,
etc., for both telescopes and spotting scopes."

Mike V.