Re: [OM] My first OM-1! Thanks everyone

Subject: Re: [OM] My first OM-1! Thanks everyone
From: Ryan Medd <ryanmedd@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 13:23:00 -0700
At 12:52 PM 5/17/01, you wrote:
>I started with digital photography, ..... I craved more...so I started a 3
>month long research project into manual SLRs.

This has to be a first.

Hello All,

I am new to this group, have been reading for a while and am taking in quite a bit - thank you all.

Just wanted to respond to Dirk's comment. I too am moving in the opposite direction - sort of. As most of my friend's would say, I am a "techno geek" - anything and everything that is technologically advanced is a must have for me. However, when I decided to seriously take up photography not so long ago, I decided that digital was not for me. There are two reasons for this: - I find most digital pictures too "harsh" or "sharp" (35mm seems to be softer. Yes, I know you can manipulate the digital pics......) - I wanted to truly learn photography. I felt that if I went digital, I would not truly learn the art.

So, what do I currently have?

Camera #1: A Fujica ST605n SLR with a Fujinon f55mm, a Kitstar f135mm macro, a Kitstar x2 converter, and a Kitstar 745BCT Twin flash

Camera #2: (The reason I'm here) An Olympus 35SP rangefinder (no flash or other accessories at this time).

Both of these were given to me by my father who went the point-and-shoot route. I'm actually looking to move up a bit to a newer SLR, but so far I love the Olympus!

Well that's all I have to say.

Thanks,
Ryan Medd
Vancouver BC