Re:[OM] Gear to take on a trip to Sydney

Subject: Re:[OM] Gear to take on a trip to Sydney
From: Dylan Sutton <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 22:56:29 +1000
What you bring depends very much on what sort of subjects you like to
shoot. I  would consider leaving the 28 and bringing the 35-70 instead,
and add in the flash and a tripod.
Depending on when you were last here, expect to see some big changes.
Gentrification of suburbs such as Paddington, Balmain, Newtown is well
advanced, with other parts of the inner west moving that way too.
Photographically there are some interesting new(ish) structures such as
the Anzac bridge (aka Glebe island bridge) and the infamous Toaster (aka
east circular quay development). Some of the many holes in the ground
from the collapsed building boom of the early 90s are still there, but
no doubt you have plenty of those at home! Oh, and I shouldn't forget
the Olympic venue at Homebush, which is no doubt spookily quiet nowadays
(it was so packed at the time I hardly took any pictures outside the
events).
Let me know if you want any further suggestions of places to visit,
restaurants to eat at, camera shops to visit, good film labs etc.
Dylan