Re: [OM] Gear to take on a trip to Sydney

Subject: Re: [OM] Gear to take on a trip to Sydney
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 21:02:38 -0700 (PDT)
Dear All,

Thanks to those who replied to my question about what to take with me
to Sydney.

A couple of people suggested I might take my Vivitar 70-210 zoom
instead of the 100/2.8 Zuiko but I really like the 100/2.8 and, as Tom
mentioned, the Viv is a bit of a burden. I also don't much care for the
Viv's zoom creep, to be honest, and it has a wobble in the body.

I did wonder if it was worth taking my 28/2.8 but it's so tiny and
weighs so little that it seems a pity not to. I like this lens, anyway,
and I'd probably regret it if I left it behind.

As for taking the OM-2n along as back-up, I'm still considering this -
after all, that's what I bought it for! What's been putting me off,
though, is that it could really do with the foam seals replacing, so
I'm afraid it might start leaking light sometime soon. I noticed an
OM-2 in a local (Jakarta) shop that was a bit ugly but had a really
well-damped shutter and mirror. The sound was alomst inaudible,
compared with my 2n, which makes me think the foam damping for the
mirror on my 2n may need replacing too.

Regards,

=====
Ray