Re: [OM] Dehumidifiers

Subject: Re: [OM] Dehumidifiers
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 13:57:03 +0800
Hi Titoy,

Yes, it has a dehumidifier inside the cabinet, but it do call dry box.
The one I purchase was made by Toshiba Japan, with two stories around
12x18x26" (just by memory). The price was around $210 (~1991). The
instruction inside mentioned design for food storage, that was the
reasons why the price was so cheap. Last month I wanted to buy one
more, but can't find this anymore. There are two common type available
in Hong Kong, one is from Taiwan, don't know the brand name in
English, direct translation is something like "collector" so you will
know the price is not cheap, around 50 0gher than the one I brought.
The other one is Toyo from Japan, I think the price of this one is
much more expensive. They both have lots of different size for
selections and available at the larger camera shops.

To select which size is depends on how many gears you have. The one I
have can store over 40 lenses and 12 bodies. The humidity can't be
controlled, but during summer time the RH is around 40-50% and winter
time around 45-55%. It is a must for Hong Kong where the humidity is
high most of the time.

C.H.Ling