Re: [OM] Finally Got Some Photos on the Web

Subject: Re: [OM] Finally Got Some Photos on the Web
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 16:42:27 -0700
At 05:01 PM 5/16/2001 -0400, Bruce Applebaum wrote:
Thanks for your comments.  I'm still new at this and your advice is very
valuable.

Bruce:

I don't want to get in to specifics, but some of the advice you've been given is a tad misleading or oversimplified. For an extremely good introduction to the science and art of scanning, see the following URL:

   www.scantips.com

Best general intro to scanning (for various target media) I've yet found on the Web.

Enjoy!

Garth

It may be edging into OT discussion, but Scantips seems to go against what a lot of other very experienced people do, at least as far as his advice to scan only for the size you are going to use, and not to scan at high resolution and resample down in Photoshop. I think one would have to do a lot of individual testing to determine which of the conflicting rules are correct. He does advise that you do that.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA