Re: [OM] OM-4T question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4T question
From: ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 01:43:29 +0200

<<
Hi,
As I mentioned earlier, I purchased an OM-4T from Penn Camera. I've been
playing with it, no film in it yet. Although everything seems to work
smoothly, I've noticed that at shutter speed readings in auto of 1/8 result
in something that sounds more like 1/2. Is this a known problem? Anything
reading 1/30 or less seems a lot longer than I'm used to. The shutter seems
to fire at the appropriate speed in manual mode throughout the speed
range... What gives? I'm ready to take it back, though I've still got 2
weeks on the return policy.

Sorry for being a pain lately...

Mickey

Mickey,
put a film in the camera and retry. The OM4T (and all the other auto Oly
cameras) has an exposure system that read the reflected light from the film
in order to evaluate the shutter speed. If there is no film, the meter read
the light reflected from the plate, but this item is very "black", so the
meter think that there is less light available than the real one.

Ralf