Re: Fw: [OM] Your pictures

Subject: Re: Fw: [OM] Your pictures
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 23:38:44 -0600
On 11 May 2001, at 16:56, Hans-Joachim Busch wrote:

> > Your pictures are very inspiring, they are
> > so close to life! Not only your personal
> > album "my kids and grandkids", but one
> > I love very much is "Chris jr& Jamie #2".
> > That IS great photography! And your landscapes
> > surely too.

Thank-you SO much, Hans, for the compliment!  When I look at the
work of folks like John Lind, I'm in awe and consider my own stuff far
inferior.  However, I *do* see the improvement in my skills in the last
year.  The improvement *must* be due to the 4 bodies and more lenses
than you can shake a stick at I've added to my kit in that time...
right?!?!?  :-)))

[Quick disclaimer before Jim Caldwell chimes in....]  All this equipment
is NOT for my own enjoyment!  Heaven forbid!  I've purchased all this
stuff for the Zuikoholics Anonymous Education Program so that others
will know what to look out for and avoid purchasing in order to avoid
contracting the dreaded zuikoholism disease!

Anyway, a bit about the kids pictures and landscapes...

That picture of my son and youngest daughter was taken at "The Forks"
in Winnipeg, Manitoba.  That's where the Red and Assiniboine Rivers
come together, and is the site of the original settlement that became
Winnipeg.  It's now been converted to fancy (and expensive) boutiques
and eating establishments.  I took the Chris Jr. and Jamie there for a
"walkabout" and got that shot while they were messing around in front of
a historical plaque.

The landscape shots were taken mostly in the Canadian Rockies in
1999 and 2000.  There's a few shots of Vancouver Island taken last
year, some prairie sunsets taken between Christmas and New Years
2999, and some pictures taken closer to Edmonton (like at Elk Island
National Park, 30 minutes east of here).

Personally, when I view the landscape photos myself, I think my
composition skills have improved greatly between 1999 and 2000.
Hopefully, someday I'll be able to take shots like John, Erwin Voogt,
and other listmembers who's work literally blows me away!

Thanks, again, for the kind words.

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  If anyone who wants to take a peek, here's the link:

http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill/mypictures/index.html

Comments and suggestions are ALWAYS welcome!

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill