Re: [OM] Gary's lens test...

Subject: Re: [OM] Gary's lens test...
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 11:16:13 -0700
Hi C.H.:

<< But I just don't like using slide projector to evaluate resolution,
you need to focus it like crazy. >>

No kidding!  It is a burn-out after about 70 slides.

<< At 24x sharpness may pay more important part than resolution. That
may be the different we see about 90/2 and 100/2. I can see my 100/2
perform much better wide open with a 10x mag. on 4x6 inch print. >>

How about contrast being more important than resolution at lower
magnifications?  That is one theory I heard on another list.  Contax and
Leica seem to favor contrast while the Japanese companies favor
resolution or a balance of both.  The thinking of the German's is that
typical prints will look better with contrast favored.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV

It is kind of staggering to think that the designers of the most expensive lines of cameras in the world would have good looking cheap prints as their priority.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California