Re: Re: [OM] Gary's lens test...

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] Gary's lens test...
From: "John Prosper" <japrosper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 20:19:00 -0500
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Next time repeat the test with a 2-4 screen and the proper dioptric
> correction for the eye you favor for focusing.

The dioptric correction was via my spectacles.

If you still
> encounter
> the problem, try a different body. Worse case scenerio: you'd have to
> ditch (or get adjusted) the present body.

Don't think it has anything to do with the body, some shots were correctly
focussed, the ones that weren't were either side of where I was intending to focus - so no systematic difference in focus point as would be expected by bad
mirror/screen alignment.

Do you suffer from astigmatism in the eye you use to focus with? If so, that could account for the focusing errors. I suffer from astigmatism in my right eye; therefore, I use my left eye to focus with.

John