Re: [OM] 28-48mm f/4 S Zuiko variations? [was: [OM] Gary's lens test...]

Subject: Re: [OM] 28-48mm f/4 S Zuiko variations? [was: [OM] Gary's lens test...]
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 11:02:25 -0700
Tim H. writes:

<< I have 114,169, out of your ranges, what are you trying to discover?

1. If the three ranges I listed are actual serial number gaps and
ranges.
2. If there are any differences among the lenses from the beginning
numbers through the ending numbers.

I don't know what differences may exist, if any. I'm just fishing for
clues, based on an assumption there are. I wouldn't get such widely
differing distortion characteristics if there weren't.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV

I think people who have them are puzzled about what information you want them to send. Since they don't have more than one(usually) they don't know what the unique differences are. Maybe you should spell out what you want in the description, such as the designation on the ring around the front element, reflection colors, color of numbers on the aperture & focus scales, location of the serial number, etc.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California