[OM] Out of focus shots (was Gary's lens test)

Subject: [OM] Out of focus shots (was Gary's lens test)
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 07:02:52 -0700 (PDT)
>Don't think it has anything to do with the body, some
>shots were correctly focussed, the ones that weren't
>were either side of where I was intending to
>focus - so no systematic difference in focus point as
>would be expected by bad mirror/screen alignment.

Sounds like photographer movement.  It is possible
that when you are taking the picture that your upper
body is rocking towards or away from the subject.
This is not an unusual occurance and is one that I
personally have to keep myself aware of. Cameras with
lots of delay to them (autofocus wonderbricks and
wonderwallets), seem to accentuate this problem.

This is not motion blurring caused by subject or
camera movement, but actual misfocusing caused by
relocation of the camera (or even the subject) between
the time of focusing and exposure.

Ken N.