RE: [OM] Why I like my OM-2n (was: heresy eSIF on CD OM2n)

Subject: RE: [OM] Why I like my OM-2n (was: heresy eSIF on CD OM2n)
From: "Kiker, James" <jkiker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 08:53:21 -0500
--

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the OM-4Ti.  It just wasn't more than
$900 better than my OM-2n.  I guess it is what I am used to.  Things I
didn't like about the OM-4ti were: the LED display, the hot shoe that
poked my forehead, the self-timer.  It was so expensive (for me, at the
time), that I was more afraid to really use it than I am my OM-2n.  If I
lose/break the -2n, I can easily get a very good replacement for under
$300.  I really prefer the needle in the OM-2n for manual use.  I prefer
using the OM-2n's exposure compensation -- it seems easier to use.  I
can't remember the last time I changed batteries in the -2n.  I sold the
-4Ti when I was about to move to a new city and start a new job.  If I
had not needed the money at the time I probably would have kept it.  The
OM-4Ti a really nice camera, I just prefer the OM-2n.  It's as much just
a feeling as it is specific points.  It may be a matter sentimentality
and familiarity since I've been shooting the same OM-2n for 11 years.
But I'm only 28, so I'm sure I'll pick up another OM-4Ti (and a -3Ti)
sometime.  I don't forsee myself going plastic in the future, nor
spending $15,000 on a Contax system.

James