RE: [OM] Gary's lens test...

Subject: RE: [OM] Gary's lens test...
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 07:40:40 -0600
On 8 May 2001, at 21:36, Chip Stratton wrote:

> I had an OM-PC which was off because of a bent mirror rest stud. I've
> checked several of my other bodies to be sure. Put your fast 50mm or 90/2
> on the body, put a yardstick under it with the 0 at the film plane...

That brings up something I've wondered about from time to time....  Do
the marks on the focusing ring refer to the distance from the film plane
to the subject, or the distance from the nose of the camera to the
subject?

Just curious.

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  My focusing was often quite off until I got an eyecup 2 with the
correct dioptric correction lens.  Things are MUCH better now!

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)
http://www.nucleus.com/~coneill