Re: [OM] Gary's lens test...

Subject: Re: [OM] Gary's lens test...
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 10:41:05 +0800
Oben Candemir wrote:

> The problem here I believe can be two things:
>
> 1. Refractive error of the photographer. However the use of microprism/split
> prism to focus eliminates this in most cases.

Split image is technically proved to be not accurate enough if you
need to make use of the max resolution from your lens. According to
Popular Photography the AF cameras use this technique for focusing,
the basic accuracy is only around 45lp/mm, but there are some software
tracking method that can increase the focusing accuracy a bit but not
always work.

Also, don't expect DOF work for serious lens test, for 35mm system, it
only mean you will get not less than 30lp/mm.

C.H.Ling