Re: [OM] Jammed OM-2

Subject: Re: [OM] Jammed OM-2
From: Michael Darling <cosmo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 15:11:02 -0400
on 5/5/01 3:00 PM, Jim Caldwell at jamesfc@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Yes - sorry.  I carefully turned it and the mirror dropped and I was able to
> crank it again.  A couple more times and it was working like new again!
> I've only used this camera as a backup - or a second camera and I'm about to
> send it off for a CLA.  Until I found this list - no one locally would touch
> it!
>
> Jim Caldwell

Well, fortunately (maybe unfortunately...) the mirror isn't locked up in
this body.  The shutter curtain does NOT show the metering pattern so I
assume its NOT cocked at the moment.  I have the OM-2 service manual in PDF,
but for all these problems it says to go to the OM-1 manual which I don't
have.

I see a gear that looks like it's not engaged properly, but I'm probably
going to leave this for someone qualified to do the repair.

Thanks to everyone...

Mike