Re: [OM] OT: B/W prints from colour negs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: B/W prints from colour negs
From: "Larry Otto" <larryotto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 12:03:36 -0500
Hi Bernd,

Three approaches to this;
1.) Kodak makes a special paper for this purpose, I can't remember what it is
called. Problem is it must be handled in total darkness like color paper.
2.) Use Ilford's MG VC paper and dial in a lot of magenta on the color head, or
if you have a condenser enlarger, use a lot of magenta with the add in filters.
I have had good luck printing on Ilford paper and using heavy magenta
filtration on my Durst color head.
3.) Shoot one of the Kodak or Ilford chromogenic B&W films, then you can use
the C-41 processed negatives as B&W negatives ( which they are ).
Why not just shoot standard B&W film and process it yourself?

Good luck.

Larry